Bishop Jumba Commissions a convent house at Nazareth Parish Kyotera district.
However much the COVID times have brought about all of misery around us, today the 11th of July 2020 has not been the case as Rt Rev Serverus Jjumba commissioned and blessed the new Covent house for the Religious Sisters of Daughters of Mary- Bwanda at Nazareth Parish, Kanabulemu Village in Kyotera District, Masaka Diocese.
This comes after the former house turning to be unfriendly to life, was in sorry state in 1999 that in turn led to fleeing of the Nuns from the Parish. Being one of the historical Parishes, Nazareth that was established in 1906 has always been in need to restore the history of the place by bringing back the Sisters.
After along time with plans of restoring the Covent house not materialised, a one Lugwana Lawrence and his family offered to put up a Covent for the sisters worth 360 million shillings as a rememberence for his mother who so much loved the nuns.
While commissioning this house, Bishop Jjumba thanked the family for the giving heart portrayed especially with the meager resources in these COVID times.The house has been handed over to Rev Sister Noeline Namusoke who joyfully thanked the Lord for what she had witnessed.